How to Make a Room Reservation
- You must be a McCormick resident to reserve a room!
- Read the Room Reservations Policy.
- Look at room availability on the Room Reservation Calendar.
- Fill out the Room Reservation Form.
- Wait for the Room Reservations Chair to confirm the reservation. This can take up to three days.
McCormick Hall Room Reservations Policy
A dorm resident may invite people to McCormick for any event provided these criteria are met in full. Only the Judicial Committee may grant exceptions to these rules.
- Only the following may be reserved: Green and Brown Living Rooms, Music Room, Kitchen in the Clouds, Dance Studio, Country Kitchen, Seminar Room A, Seminar Room B, all Date Rooms, East Penthouse, West Penthouse, Room 217, Game Room, Private Dining Room, and Dining Hall.
- Only one living room may be reserved at a time.
- Only 5 rooms may be reserved simultaneously, no more than 3 of which are occupied by permanent reservations.
- Reservations in the Dining Hall must be approved by MIT Dining and the house manager, in addition to the reservation confirmation process outlined on the McCormick website.
- The Dance Studio may be used from 10AM to 11PM daily. All events in other rooms may begin as early as 7:30AM and must end by 1AM.
- An event may not expand beyond the space reserved for the event.
- An event may not be disruptive to McCormick residents outside of the reserved space.
- A reservation may be made for up to 4 hours, including time for both set-up and cleanup.
- A reservation must comply with the guest list policies outlined below and those on the McCormick website.
- The Sponsor of an event must attend the event she is sponsoring. If the Sponsor of the reservation is unable to attend the event for any reason, she must designate another McCormick resident to serve as her proxy for the reservation.
- All reservations must comply with Institute Regulations, including the MIT alcohol policy.
- Any room that is reserved must be returned to its original state by the end of the reservation.
- Events sponsored by McCormick House Government or the House Team (consisting of the housemasters, RLAD, and GRTs) have priority over all other events and are granted exceptions by the Room Reservation Chair to locations and times that may be reserved. Otherwise, reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis provided that the Room Reservation Policies are followed.